Certifications and Key Technical Skills
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) - Developing and Implementing
Web Applications with Microsoft® Visual Basic® .NET and Microsoft
- Web/Software Development: ASP.NET 3.5/4, C#, ColdFusion 10, VBScript, PHP, VBA
- Data: SQL Server 2005/2008 (stored procedures, functions, views), XML
- Tools: Visual Studio 2008/2010, Microsoft VisualSourceSafe
Government Contractor (name withheld
for security reasons) Vienna, VA 8/10-Present
Served as lead developer for two releases of Tracking System for federal government client, and deputy technical lead for client's Expense Management System, and also served as developer for several other applications and web sites.
Led effort to convert Visual Studio database projects to Visual Studio 2010 format.
- Used C# coding skills to create numerous enhancements to existing applications, including: Excel reports with charts and graphs, dictionary check logic to ensure user passwords do not match common words, implementing and extensively customizing Easy-Query.net add-in to allow users to perform ad-hoc queries over the web, and making dashboard/profile pages that group commonly requested data tables.
- Used knowledge of web scripting languages to enhance public-facing sites, including: PHP script to present information from Federal Register on client web site, and adapting GUI of client public web site to an ASP.NET application.
- Quickly picked up other scripting languages to update and enhance legacy/COTS applications, including: writing custom scripts for Serena Business Manager (SBM) software in VBScript to enable automation, enhancing functionality of legacy MS Access database with VBA scripting.
- Requirements gathering and customer support, such as: producing ad-hoc reports for client on short turnaround using T-SQL queries, producing graphical mock-ups of new application features.
Print Services & Distribution Association, Alexandria,
Rebuilt www.printsolutionsmag.com in ColdFusion 8 and incorporated social media features to enable sharing and discussion of content.
Enhanced advertising revenue potential for several websites by implementing OpenX banner ad management system.
Realized new look and feel for www.printuniversity.org and enabled new e-commerce capabilities for the site by converting existing design from classic ASP to ASP.net with C#.
Sped up data collection for annual Buyers' Guide by developing ASP.NET and C# application for this purpose.
Revitalized association web site by coding VB and CSS in Visual Studio 2005 and employing data bound controls, interactive forms, and master pages.
Analyzed web site traffic with Google Analytics and continually optimized pages for better representation in search engines.
Adelphia Media Services, Staunton, VA 4/00-7/06
Web Content Coordinator (4/04-8/06)
Sales and Creative Services Coordinator (2/01-4/04)
Creative Designer (Assignment through Manpower Professional 4/00-2/01)
Enhanced functionality of corporate intranet by re-assembling it as a SharePoint portal.
Clarified our TV ratings data by incorporating it into Flash-format charts using ColdFusion.
Kept our customers up to date on hundreds of TV channels and programs by building and maintaining online database using phpMyAdmin and a custom ColdFusion CMS.
Analyzed web site traffic by implementing and customizing WebTrends analytical software for intranet and public web site.
Managed user accounts and content for regional intranet site.
Kept sales team in the loop by creating and posting graphical analyses of sales reports.
Greatly simplified navigation of website by implementing zip code database with PERL/CGI script.
PEGASUS Award, 2002, Adelphia Media Services
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
Bachelor in Business Administration; Major in Marketing.
Overall GPA: 3.4, Marketing GPA: 3.6